The Department of Education, Sport and Culture is a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2002/General Data Protection Regulation (Isle of Man) Order 2018. The contact details for the Department of Education, Sport and Culture are:
Data Controller – Department of Education Sport and Culture. Hamilton House, Peel Road. Douglas. IM1 5EZ.
We may collect, store and use the following types of personal data:
· Information you provide to us for the purpose on funding, on funding application forms.
· Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us for the online application portal.
· Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
· Details of any ticketing history or future purchases.
· Any other information that you choose to send to us.
· Record details of your visit to our website included, but not limited to:
Google Analytics: Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. Please note that this information does not identify any individual user.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act the Arts Council may be required to disclose your information as part of a freedom of Information request. Please refer to the information below.
The Data Protection Officer for the Department of Education, Sport and Culture is: DPO, Department of Education, Sport and Culture, Hamilton House, Douglas. IM1 5EZ. Tel 01624 686780. Email. DPO-DESC@gov.im
When we collect your personal data we will:
· Only collect what we need and no more.
· Keep your information secure.
· Tell you how we will use your information.
· Delete your information when it is no longer needed.
· Only process your information in line with rules set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (Isle of Man) Order 2018.
We collect and process information, including personal data, to provide effective and efficient services.
The Arts Council will use your information in line with the rules set out in the Data Protection Act 2002 / General Data Protection Regulation (Isle of Man) Order 2018 for the following reasons:
· Contact you regarding updates and changes to the funding application process, with your consent.
· Application forms including End of Project forms are used for the purpose of administration and data collection as far as collating statistics relevant to the use of tax payers, and as part of a contract with you to further the arts on-island.
· To analyse use of the website and make improvements.
· help prevent and detect crime
Eventbrite – our choice of provider for the purchase of e-tickets. Your name, email address, home address, phone number and interests. Secure payments are made via Eventbrite through a link on our website. Eventbrite participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
MailChimp – to allow us to email customers on a regular basis, weekly and monthly. Your name, email address, interests are all that we request. MailChimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
(Details of organisations covered by Privacy Shield can be found at: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list )
To assist in the delivery of future services, specifically the online application portal we will be collecting data from a log-in portal within our website. By registering with the online application portal you will be giving the Isle of Man Arts Council permission to use your data as part of the administration process.
Eventbrite and MailChimp may require data to be stored on servers outside of the EEA, as detailed above. Information sent to these will be limited to that which is necessary.
We will only contact individuals who have subscribed to the Arts Council newsletter, or have requested direct communication for marketing purposes, and only in relation to the application funding process and any marketing products and/or services that we publicise as art of our strategy to promote on-island Creative Industries.
Should you wish to no longer receive marketing communications from us:
· An unsubscribe facility is available within the marketing email which opens a webpage to allow you to request no further marketing contact from us.
· You can reply to the newsletter directly requesting no further marketing contact (opt out facility).
· Contact the Arts Council directly on 01624 697420 or email us at email@example.com to request no further marketing contact from us.
After any of these have occurred, we will not directly contact you in this regard again unless you provide a subsequent request to start receiving it again.
Information you provide to us directly
Category of data
Examples of that type of data
Account login information
Login ID, password, or security questions
Name, email address, telephone number, address
Amount of funding applied for, amount of funding received, amount of funding returned, costs of tickets bought through Eventbrite
We do not hold credit or debit card information
Feedback, comments, complaints
Personal identification data
Name, title, date of birth, address
Information we collect automatically
When you visit or use our website we may collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other device. For example we may collect:
Category of data
Examples of that type of data
Hardware model, operating system version
Time, date and duration of visit
Links you click, location, interests and hobbies, gender and age
Social media referral pages
The Arts Council will ensure that:
· Safeguards are in place to make sure personal data is kept securely.
· Only authorised staff are able to view your data.
· Not pass your details to third parties unless we are instructed to do so by court order, under the remit of Freedom of Information or you provide permission for us to do so.
· Retain the information for no longer than is necessary and your information will be permanently deleted once the timeframe set out below has been reached.
We may share your information:
· With or between other Government Departments, Boards and Offices to provide a service or information you have requested.
· The police or law enforcement agencies where there is a legal requirement to do so.
· The courts on production of a valid court order.
· The general public under a Freedom of Information request where necessary and justifiable.
You have a right to access your personal data to ensure that it is accurate, and to request that it is rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed if it is inaccurate.
To make any request relating to your data held by us, please contact the Data Protection Officer for the Department of Education, Sport and Culture: Data Protection Officer. Department of Education, Sport and Culture. Hamilton House, Peel Road. Douglas. IM1 5EZ. Email: DPO-DESC@gov.im or telephone 01624 686780.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you may also complain to the Information Commissioner, whose details can be found on www.inforights.im, or the relevant supervisory authority. You may have a right to other remedies.
(From date submitted)
End of Project Form
Mailing list subscription
Renewed every 5 years
- if there is no response the subscription and all information regarding yourself (name, email address and interests) will be deleted
You can find out more information by:
· Looking at the advice given on the government website.
· Contacting our Data Controller.
· Making a complaint if you feel that your information is not being processed fairly.
· Making a subject access request for the personal data we hold about you.
Information can be obtained in large print, braille, or in an alternative language.
This Privacy Notice may change. We will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Notice without your consent. If any significant change is made to this Privacy Notice we will provide a prominent notice on this website so that you can review the updated Privacy Notice.